I graduated from Gonzaga University with a B.A. in psychology and from Eastern Washington University with a Master's Degree in applied psychology. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Texas, as well as a Nationally Certified Counselor. I am also an active member of North Texas Families in Transition, as well as the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
I believe that people of all ages have the capacity to achieve their personal goals and I am committed to working with them. I value the strengths that each person brings and feel that the relationship between counselor and client is the most important part of effective counseling. People generally know who they are and where they want to go, but life and its complications can blur our clarity and get in the way. Counseling is about regaining that clarity and I want to thank you for considering me to help you in that journey.
I have over fifteen years of experience working with many different people in many different circumstances. Below are a few areas that people frequently encounter. I look forward to working with you.
• Teens and families wanting to increase connection and improve communication
• Coping with grief and loss
• People struggling with body image or self-injuring behaviors
• Coping with depression and anxiety
• Adolescents involved in the Juvenile Justice System
• LGBT clients – orientation, coming out and couple’s issues
• Building healthy anger management skills
• Parenting skills and Parenting challenges